“soft glam” makeup look and “soft glam wave” hairstyle are both elegant and timeless choices. Michelle and Jason’s wedding took place in the Blue Mountains of Sydney during the autumn season, which also sets a beautiful and romantic backdrop.
Both the makeup and hairstyle aligned with Michelle’s personal preferences and features. A trial run helped ensure everything looks perfect on the wedding day.
Here’s a breakdown of these elements:
1. Wedding Theme and Location: The Blue Mountains in Sydney is a stunning choice for a wedding venue, especially during the autumn season when the foliage turns into warm, rich hues. The natural beauty of the surroundings will provide a breathtaking backdrop for the event.
2. Makeup – Asian Soft Glam: The “Asian soft glam” makeup style focuses on enhancing natural beauty with subtle yet impactful makeup techniques. Here are some key aspects of this makeup look:
- Flawless Base: Achieve a flawless base using a light and dewy foundation. The goal is to create a smooth complexion while letting the skin’s natural radiance shine through.
- Soft Smokey Eyes: I Opt for soft, neutral tones like taupe, champagne, and warm browns on the eyes with a hint of shimmer on the lids, to create depth and dimension.
- Eyeliner: A thin line of eyeliner along the upper lash line can define the eyes without appearing too harsh. A slight wing added a touch of elegance.
- Natural-Looking Lashes: I Chose false lashes that enhance the eyes without being overly dramatic. I have also used very realistic looking lower false lashes to further lengthen and define the eyes.
- Subtle Blush and Highlighter: I Applied a soft, rosy blush on the apples of the cheeks to add a healthy flush. Use a subtle highlighter on the high points of the face for a radiant glow.
- Lips: Michelle Opted for a reddish brown lip color that complements the overall romantic Autumn look.
3. Hairstyle – Soft Glam Wave: The “soft glam wave” hairstyle is all about loose, voluminous waves that exude elegance and sophistication. Here’s how I achieved this look:
- Preparation: Start with clean, dry hair. Applying a heat protectant is important before using any hot styling tools.
- Curling: Use a medium barrel curling iron to create loose waves. Wrap sections of hair around the barrel, holding for a few seconds before releasing, curling in all same directions.
- Brush Out: Gently brush out the curls with a soft bristle brush to create soft waves. This step helps to blend the curls together and achieve a more natural look.
- Volume: Backcombing the crown and back of the curls slightly for added volume and dimension.
- Setting: Finish with a light-hold hairspray to set the waves in place while still allowing them to move naturally.
Photos taken by the wonderful Blue Mountains based Clarity Photography by Krystal Dempsey.